Friday, October 18, 2013

Laura Matthews: In My Lady's Chamber

In My Lady's Chamber was published by Signet in July 1993. It had an earlier publication from 1981. Theodosia is a governess now but was once engaged to Lord Marcus until a lie sent them their separate ways. Now meeting again, she wonders if he plans to marry a lady of the house and is desperate not to lose her heart again!

Allan Kass illustrates our couple in a bedroom where the heroine is sitting on a couch whose upholstery matches the bed hangings and curtains. They are dressed for dinner and it looks like the hero is asking a favor or pleading his cause. My only criticism is that I don't care for the pose where the hero is bending over because we miss some of his face and expression. Otherwise, the detail here is amazing and I'd love a room like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment