Sunday, November 4, 2012

Georgette Heyer: The Unknown Ajax

The Unknown Ajax by Georgette Heyer was published by Berkley in February 1974. Hugh Darracott emerges as the heir to Darracott Place and unknown to the family as his father was a black sheep! He realizes quickly that the family is planning on marrying him to his cousin Anthea in order to smarten him up and neither of them are excited about the prospect!

Allan Kass portrays our couple taking a break from their riding. They sit on a stone bench near a church and we see a fountain nearby. I like the heroine's severe riding dress and wonder which horse is hers! She and the hero seem to have come to an understanding.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Rhonda,

    I love these book covers! My GH editions have a wild variety of covers -- including many by Kass.

    Please consider signing this petition if you'd like to see GH's stories brought to film:
    http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/georgetteheyerfilm

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Ajax Wedding Limo

    ReplyDelete