Saturday, July 17, 2010

Gail Eastwood: The Lady from Spain


Now we're back to regency romance covers with Signet's publication of The Lady from Spain by Gail Eastwood. Published in September 1997, this story is about a lady named Falcarrah Colburne, who comes to claim a legacy as a daughter of a British noble! Is she who she says she is? Lord Jeremy Danbridge plans to find ou!!

Allan Kass illustrates our couple outside in a public setting. Our heroine wears a Spanish mantilla on her head and a rich red shawl over her white empire gown. Our hero is handsome in a top hat and formal wear with a caped greatcoat over his arm. I like the features of the other couple walking and the carriage behind our couple. Allan is the master of the detail with items like her fan and his cane bringing an elegant touch to this cover.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda! My dh came across your blog and pointed me this way. I also loved this cover by Alan Kass (my favorite cover among the 7 books I did for Signet 1994-2002). I am a fan of his work --glad to see someone else appreciating his talent! I don't know if you are aware that he also did (signed) covers for my first two Signet Regencies, A Perilous Journey and The Persistent Earl. I always felt honored to get covers done by him. Not sure who did the later ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail! Thanks for the nice comment! I actually have 4 books authored by you and illustrated by Allan Kass. It is An Unlikely Hero!

    I hope to feature all of them this week, so be on the lookout and enjoy!

    I really loved the Signet regencies and wish that they were still being published. Thanks again for posting!

    ReplyDelete